BTEC LEVEL 2
Intermediate Award in Breakaway and Self-Defence
The BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Breakaway and Self-Defence is for anyone who may be exposed to the risk of physical violence.
Delegates will learn the legal framework and physical skills necessary to enable them to provide an effective defence against a physical assault. This is a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
You will cover:
1. Understanding 'Reasonable Force'
2. The Human Rights Act
3. The Health & Safety at Work Act
4. Understanding the difference between self-defence and martial arts
5. Legally compliant techniques
6. Anxiety vs performance
To achieve a successful pass in this course, learners will be expected to:
1. Understand the law in relation to the use of physical force for personal defence of self and others.
2. Demonstrate the appropriate and effective physical skills for the purpose of breaking away and defending against a violent assault.
This is a one day course with both a theory and a practical exam to complete on the day.